Life Coaching, Counselling, Mindfulness practice, Sleep therapy, and Clinical Supervision & Mentoring can all be done in one of three ways. Either in person, face-to-face, at my clinic in Sherwood (Brisbane Southside), or as online consultations, or as phone consultations.
For sleep problems there is also available a recorded program – Relax the Mind to Sleep – which will guide you through all the same practices that are delivered in the clinical Sleep Therapy program!
Obviously face-to-face consultations, in person, have some advantages compared to online consultations and phone consultations.
- In a face-to-face meeting I get a better sense of who you are and where you are at, since in a face-to-face meeting you are present as a whole person. Communication takes place on so many different levels; words, tone of voice, body language, facial expressions, eye movements, etc. And regardless of how exquisite modern technology is, it still can’t convey the full scope of all of those communication components. So, meeting in person helps me understand you better, e.g. in regards to your self-awareness, your strengths, your difficulties, and also your emotional-psychological state.
- Equally, because I am also present as a whole person, you probably get a better sense of who I am, where I am at, and how well I understand you, when we meet in person. Meeting in online consultations or telephone consultations simply isn’t quite the same.
Nevertheless, sometimes face-to-face meetings, in person, are just not feasible.
- You may live too far away from my practice,
- You may be tied down by life circumstances that prevent you from seeing me in person,
- Or you may simply not be ready for face-to-face meetings yet.
Then doing online consultations or phone consultations can be a useful alternative.
If you are unsure whether what suits you best are face-to-face meetings in person with me, or online consultations, or phone consultations, the best thing to do is to contact me by phone or email, now! Then we can have a chat about it, and together work out what will be best for you in your situation.
If you are already sure that you want to do online consultations, or perhaps telephone consultations, but you want to know more details first, then you can read more below.
Please notice: Telephone and Online consultations are NOT available to clients residing in the USA or Canada, due to prohibitive legal limitations in current professional indemnity insurance policies.
Online consultations and Telephone consultations
Whether you want to do online consultations or phone consultations, the process begins with the same first step. You contact me by phone or email, and let me know a little bit about yourself and about what you would like me to assist you with, as well as ask any questions that you may have about the process.
Once we have established that we understand each other, and will be able to work well together, we schedule a time that is suitable to us both for your first actual appointment.
Doing online consultations via Zoom, Skype or FaceTime is always the preferred option if we can’t meet in person, since it at least allows us to see each other, not only to hear each other’s voices. But if you don’t have a suitable device for doing online consultations, phone consultations can also work quite well.
Payments for online and telephone consultations are always made in advance, typically via PayPal secure online payments system. But if you prefer, you can pay either with a cheque or with a money order that you send in the mail – as long as it reaches me before your session.
If you have questions about how any of this works, or if you simply want to go ahead and schedule your first appointment, don’t delay – contact me today!
My professional affiliations & qualifications
Gestalt Australia & New Zealand (GANZ); Clinical Member (Reg. C568)
Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia (PACFA); Clinical Registrant & Accredited Supervisor (Reg. Clinical 21665)
[My services are governed by the ethical standards of these associations.]
DEGREES & QUALIFICATIONS
Master of Gestalt Therapy; Gestalt Therapy Brisbane, 2011
Master of Mental Health (Psychotherapy); School of Medicine, University of Queensland, 2009
Diploma of Gestalt Therapy; Brisbane Gestalt Institute, 2005
Diploma of Analytic Hypnotherapy; Queensland Hypnosis Society, Brisbane, 1992
Certified NLP Practitioner; Myndslink, Brisbane, 1992
Certificate of Gestalt Therapy; tpi SAMverkan, Stockholm, 1980
I also have a few other qualifications that may be less relevant, like e.g.;
Master of Science (Physics Engineering),
Bachelor of Education,
Certificate IV in Bowen Therapy